Most of the runners do not realize the benefits that can be derived from wearing GPS fitness watches during the time of exercising. Many people do not like to wear any chest strap during the time of running and thus, do not bother about measuring their heart rates. However, the modern watch models allow to trace the pulse on your wrist, with the help of the LED based sensors below the watch.
The most important benefit of wearing a heart rate monitor is to obtain the optimal training heart rate. Apart from that, it also helps to monitor the distance travelled and the amount of calories burnt, which can be evaluated using computer softwares.
How can wearing GPS fitness watches help?
- Determining accurate heart rate: The main function of a GPS fitness watch is to give you the accurate heart rate. This measurement helps the runners to keep a track on their performance and progress in the process of fat burning.
- Boosting the weight loss process: It gives an accurate estimate of the number of calories that you are burning during the time of your workout. Thus, you can also plan your daily intake based on those figures. Even if the motive of a person behind the run is to gain fitness and not weight loss, he will get an idea of how much calories you are burning to ensure optimal refueling.
- Keep a track on the splits: Keeping a track on the splits will help you know keep a watch on when you speed up and when you slow down. Thus, you will be able to keep an eye on your pace and try to improve it.
- Keeps you motivated: This GPS is giving you an accurate idea about how much you are improving day by day. Thus, the figures will help to motivate you to work harder with every run.
- Indoor use: Earlier, one had to rely on the gym machines to get the idea of your performance level. With the GPS you can monitor your performance even while exercising in your home.
Top GPS running watches
Garmin Forerunner 15
This is an all-rounder device, which has all-in-one fitness solution, which can keep on tracking your heart rate, calorie burnt or activity level even when you are walking on the street or sitting in your desk. It can even count the number of steps you are taking. It has a decent eight hour battery life in a GPS mode and a five weeks battery life in the activity tracking mode.
TomTom Cardio Runner
It has a built-in optical heart rate monitor which works very efficiently and it also has all the other GPS recordings which are generally needed. This has a multisport version as well, which provides swim and cycle tracking smarts.
This powerful smartwatch has the on-board GPS for getting the accurate route tracking. The battery can last for about a week without the need of a charger. It has a monochromatic touchscreen with a fine display.
All these above mentioned GPS fitness watches are loaded with high quality features within a reasonable price range. If you are planning to maintain an optimum fitness level, get yourself a GPS training watch now!